Widdowshins - That which is past is prologue - Widdowshins history

Village History

St. Maxentius Church - Stained Glass Window The stained glass includes two windows by Shrigley and Hunt. The glass in the east window dating from 1896. In the south transept is an abstract window from the 1950s. An oddity is the minatures of coats of arms behind the altar, along with the usual Anglican imagery of the Bishop and the area, are those of the French Royal family and their line.

page counter